Saturday, February 20, 2010

Off We Go

All my panniers are packed, my bike is boxed, and I'm set to go. Tomorrow morning I catch the Dartmouth Coach to Logan, from whence I fly to Los Angeles and then to Auckland. I leave Boston at 5:00 tomorrow night, and, thanks to the international date line, arrive in New Zealand at 9:30 Monday morning. Total travel time: I'd rather not do the math.

Upon disembarking in Auckland, I'm spending a day in that fair city at its finest hostel, and then setting out for points East. The plan is to head down the Eastern coast of the North Island via the East Cape, which is supposed to be gorgeous. Upon arrival in Wellington, the Southernmost city on the North Island, I'll meet up with my brother Alex, and we will spend some time touring the more rural and mountainous South Island.

I'll have a camera to document my travels, though I'll cop to being a man given to not taking as many photos as he really should, and I'll update things here as often as I'm able. I'll guess that'll be roughly weekly, but time will tell. All told, I'll be in New Zealand until May 3rd, which should allow me plenty of time to get my fill of its charms. I hope to avoid sheep attack and highwaymen, but only time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. I have, sadly, just figured out how to organize blogs on my google reader feed, meaning that I'm organizing them now. So I will be seeing all your updates, chief--travel safely for your million-hour journey to the opposite part of earth!

    ReplyDelete